Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Pigeon Detectives

I have to admit, I have yet to listen to The Pigeon Detectives' debut album Wait For Me in its entirety. However, I have loved every song that I've heard from it so far. This is usually a clear indication that I will, at least, like most songs from an album. So, I feel pretty safe recommending their music to you.

I first heard about the Pigeon Detectives when they supported the Kaiser Chiefs, who are fans of the group. The Kaisers talked them up pretty well and had nothing but good things to say about them. Shortly after, I heard their single 'Romantic Type' on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1. I liked what I heard but I couldn't find it anywhere to download. It seemed that most people were just starting to discover the Pigeon Detectives. But the band was just getting started. 'Romantic Type' was released as their next single (after 'I Found Out') and it reached #19 on the UK charts. Their next two singles 'I'm Not Sorry' and 'Take Her Back' have both cracked the top 20 since. Oh yeah, Wait For Me debuted at #3 in the UK . Just goes to show you what hard work and extensive touring can do for a band.

The Pigeon Detectives are pretty much touring the UK for the rest of the year. For a list of dated check out their MySpace page but most shows seem to be sold out.

No word on a North American release of Wait For Me. Although there may be limited imported copies lurking around in stores.

The Pigeon Detectives: Official Webpage

No comments: