Wednesday, September 5, 2007

And the Mercury Prize Goes To....


...KLAXONS

I have to admit, I'm incredibly shocked. Not because I think they don't deserve it. On the contrary, I think they are very deserving. Klaxons would be my second choice after Arctic Monkeys. But I, like everyone else, pretty much thought that Amy Winehouse was going to be the obvious winner. While I think that Amy Winehouse would have also been a worthy choice, I am very happy that The Klaxons won.

Their album, Myths of the Near Future, is one of my favourites of the year. Put on this record and Klaxons will make you want to dance. It's psychedelic-electronic-dance pop-guitar-based goodness. All of those elements, along with some great harmonizing, is why Klaxons are this year's Mercury Prize winners. Songs like 'Isle of Her' and 'Two Receivers' should not be missed. And if you haven't heard their first single 'Golden Skans' yet, what are you waiting for?

So put on Klaxons' Myths of the Near Future, turn up the volume, and enjoy!

North American Tour Dates (for more dates check out their MySpace page)

23/09/07 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
24/09/07 New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
26/09/07 Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre
28/09/07 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
30/09/07 Seattle, WA @ The Showbox
01/10/07 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
04/10/07 Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre
05/10/07 Lawrence, KS @ The Bottleneck
06/10/07 Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
08/10/07 Washington DC @ 9.30 Club
09/10/07 Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore at Theatre of Living Arts
10/10/07 Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
12/10/07 New York, NY @ Webster Hall

Download (mp3): Klaxons - Golden Skans
MySpace: Klaxons

No comments: