Friday, September 7, 2007

Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong - The Next Big Thing?

Well the NME seem to think so and why not? The songs that I've heard, so far, have been pretty good. And they have a memorable name. Try saying it three times really quickly.

I don't know too much about this group yet, but I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot about them in the near future. There are also some obvious comparisons. But I'm not going to make them here. It's good music and that's all that matters.

FYI - 'Joe Lean' (which I'm pretty sure is a stage name) was the drummer for The Pipettes. I love the Pipettes. So should you! By the way, The Pipettes are releasing their debut album in Canada on October 2, 2007. I will take every opportunity to remind you of this in the weeks to come. Shamelessly. But I don't care.

Download (mp3): Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong - Lucio Starts Fires
MySpace: Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong

No comments: