Monday, September 10, 2007

The Cribs - Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever

Keep it in the family. That seems to be the philosophy of West Yorkshire's, The Cribs. The band, which consists of three brothers, released their third album this year entitled 'Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever.' I have been listening to the single 'Our Bovine Public' for a while now but I just recently got a hold of the entire album. I'm not sure why it took so long but I am really glad that I finally took the time to listen to this record. And now that I have, I feel obligated to add that they are probably one of the most underrated bands coming out of the UK.

Their songs are fantastic but if blazing guitars, authoritative drumbeats and catchy melodies aren't incentives enough, you should know that the album was produced by Franz Ferdinand's own. Alex Kapranos. The Cribs actually toured North America with Franz in 2006 (as well as Death Cab for Cutie). 'Our Bovine Public' is definitely the stand out track but 'Men's Needs' and 'Moving Pictures' are also right up there.

The Cribs are touring all across Europe this fall and even make their way to Japan in October. Check out their MySpace page for a list of dates.

Download (mp3): The Cribs - Our Bovine Public
MySpace: The Cribs
The Cribs: Official Webpage

Buy Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever

No comments: