Monday, October 29, 2007

You Should Be Listening To: YEASAYER - 2080

Today I will encourage you to sample a song from Brooklyn, New York's Yeasayer. The single is called 2080 and it's from the band's debut LP, All Hour Cymbals, which is in stores now. It is a terrific song that begins with the brilliant lyrics 'I can't sleep when I think of the times we're living in\I can't sleep when I think of the future I was born into.' There's nothing wrong with a little pessimism every now and then, right? Some melodic chanting, chorus harmonizing and eerie children vocals fills in the remainder of the track. Give Yeasayer 5:24 minutes of your time, you won't regret it.

Download: Yeasayer - 2080 [mp3]
MySpace: Yeasayer
Yeasayer: Official Website

Buy All Hour Cymbals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This song is one of my favorites of the year. So ridiculously good.

Name: Melissa said...

Couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i agree too!!!!!