Thursday, October 25, 2007

Le Loup

Le Loup. French name for an American band. Interesting. And if my French skills are at all intact from high school then I believe Le Loup translates into 'The Wolf.' The band formed back in 2006 in Washington, D.C. That's not too long ago but they are signed to Jonathan Poneman's (founder of Sub Pop) new label Hardly Art. The Throne Of The Third Heaven Of Nations' Millennium General Assembly, the group's debut album, was released in September. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it in its entirety. However, my first reactions to the songs I have heard are that they remind me of two great Canadian bands, namely Broken Social Scene and The Arcade Fire. That should be reason enough to give them a sample. There are a lot of sounds and layers happening in the songs, so listen carefully to gain a full appreciation of Le Loup.

No comments: