Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jose Gonzalez - Teardrop

I am a firm believer that a cover song is rarely ever better than the original version. I can't even think of one off the top of my head. That is, until now.

Jose Gonzalez's cover of Massive Attack's electro-trip-hop hit, Teardrop, comes very close to the brilliance of the original. It is truly amazing what Gonzalez can do with just an acoustic guitar. His new album, In Our Nature was released this week and it is the perfect example of great music stripped down to its bare essentials. Listen to 'Cycling Trivialities' and you'll know what I mean.

Download [mp3]: Jose Gonzalez -Teardrop
MySpace: Jose Gonzalez
Jose Gonzalez: Official Webpage

Buy In Our Nature

3 comments:

Deluxe said...

Awesome cover. I heard it first on "House M.D.", and it blew my mind.

Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I regard as precise post. Especially the designation attracted me to be familiar with the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.