Thursday, August 16, 2007

Idlewild: Make Another World


Idlewild is one of those bands that I came across by chance. Actually its pretty embarassing. I opened up iTunes one morning and a promotion for their latest album 'Make Another World' came up. Anyways, I thought it was interesting that the band had a similar name with that movie (you know, the one with the guys from OutKast). I haven't seen the movie (and probably never will) but this was enough for me to sample their single 'No Emotion', which reached #36 on the Uk Singles Chart. I'm glad I did. The 30 second clip was enough for me to download the song and shortly after, buy the album.


I was also surprised to realize how late I was at discovering Idlewild's music. The Scotish band formed all the way back in 1995 and have released a total of 6 albums. Now I realize that many of Idlewild's fans have been wavering on the groups previous releases before 'Make Another World.' But if there is any time to give this band another chance, it is definitely right now. 'Make Another World' is a brilliant album. I simply cannot get enough of it. And neither will you if you give it a chance. Trust me. The song 'No Emotion'

As a side note: the band are releasing a Best Of Compilation entiltled Scotish Fiction on October 1, 2007. So if you like what you hear be sure to pick it up.

Favourite Song: Once in a Life
Download (mp3): No Emotion
MySpace: Idlewild

No comments: