Friday, March 21, 2008

New Death Cab Track

Ok, here it is. New Death Cab For Cutie. I have been very excited about this new album for a while now (called Narrow Stairs if you haven't heard) and the first single "I Will Possess Your Heart" has reminded me why. It's a long one too. It runs til' 8:36. Not sure if this is just an album version as it's length isn't very radio-friendly (not that I give a shit). The reason for this is the nice unexpected 4 minute-ish instrumental at the beginning of the track. It builds nicely to the vocal portion of the song, where Ben Gibbard kicks in and gives us a great quintessential Death Cab melody. I'm really liking the instrumentation on this song, The subtle, yet resounding, bass line is a perfect complement to the piano/guitar mix that Death Cab has perfected, at least they have in my book.

Bottom line: it's a Death Cab song, therefore, it's good. Really, you can't go wrong. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.


Death Cab For Cutie: Official Website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you please send me the song??? i'd greatly appreciate it!

coolsparkin[at] yahoo[dot] come