Wednesday, October 17, 2007

CMJ: The Red Romance

Back in May I went to see The Killers play at the Air Canada Center in Toronto. I actually got there in time to see the opening band, a group called The Red Romance. I had no idea what to expect and to be quite honest it is a rare occurrence that I leave a show actually wanting to know more about an opener. However, The Red Romance caught my attention and I was surprised to find out later on that the group were unsigned. Opening for The Killers without a label, not bad. And they did win the crowd over, at least those who were present.

The Red Romance are from New York and consists of guitarist Matthew Dublin, bassist Adam Chilenski, lead guitarist Herschel Gaer and drummer Darren Beckett. They released their self-titled, 5-track EP back in May and play CMJ tonight at the Delancey. If you get a chance make sure you check them out. The Red Romance write a brand of indie 80's music with a modern flare that is worth your attention or at least a record label's.

Are they still unsigned? What the hell!

The Red Romance: Official Website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, these guys are still unsigned I think, what's up with that?!?! They're opening for The Killers again soon too!