Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Pipettes Announce North American Album Release + Tour Dates

The Pipettes have announced the North American release date of their debut album We Are the Pipettes. It was originally suppose to be stores this week but we can now expect the album on October 2, 2007 on the Cherrytree/Interscope label. On a side note, the cover for the US release is different than the UK. I'm not sure why, the other one was ten times better. Oh well.

I'm pretty excited about this album and I will be writing a lot about it (and the band) in the weeks to come but if you're a Pipette fan living in North America, such as me, you've probably already found a way of getting your hands on a copy or downloaded the 2006 UK release. So you might not be extremely psyched. But what if I told you that there are two new tracks on their US debut? Well there are! The songs are entitled 'Catch and Boogie' and 'Baby, Just Be Yourself .' Both were being streamed on the band's MySpace page. However, the songs seem to have mysteriously disappeared. Not sure why but both are provided below.

The Pipettes will also be touring North America in October and the beginning of November. I've never seen them play but most show reviews that I've read have been positive and I've heard that they are a live band more than anything and should therefore not be missed. So, if their coming to your city make sure to check them out.

The Pipettes North American Tour

02/10/07 Chicago, IL@ Park West
03/10/07 Detroit, MI@ Magic Stick
04/10/07 Cleveland, OH@ Beachland Tavern
05/10/07 Toronto, ON@ Opera House
06/10/07 Montreal, QC@ Petit Campus
08/10/07 New York, NY@ The Fillmore @ Irving Plaza
09/10/07 Boston, MA@ Paradise Rock Club
10/10/07 Washington, DC@ 9.30 Club
11/10/07 Philadelphia, PA@ First Unitarian Church
13/10/07 Pittsburgh, PA@ TBC
15/10/07 Nashville, TN@ Exit/In
16/10/07 Atlanta, GA@ Vinyl
17/10/07 Birmingham, AL@ WorkPlay Theater
18/10/07 New Orleans, LA@ The Parish @ House of Blues
19/10/07 Austin, TX@ The Parish
20/10/07 San Antonio, TX@ TBC
21/10/07 Dallas, TX - Cambridge Room @ House of Blues
23/10/07 Denver, CO@ Bluebird Theatre
25/10/07 Los Angeles, CA@ Avalon
29/10/07 San Francisco, CA@ Bimbo's 365 Club
31/10/07 Portland, OR@ Wonder Ballroom
01/11/07 Seattle, WA@ Crocodile Cafe
02/11/07 Vancouver, BC@ TBC

MySpace: The Pipettes
The Pipettes: Official Site

2 comments:

Dianety said...

I like The Pipettes a lot, so I'm so glad you put these two songs for download =)

From now on, I'll pass my days waiting for this new album.. They're so cute! *.*

Heyy.. If you need any songs, I can pass you, If I have them ;)

See ya!

Name: Melissa said...

No problem. The album is fantastic. I've been listening to it non-stop for a while now. I think I pretty much have all of their songs but if you know of any rare tracks let me know.

Thanks for your comments.