Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Cinematics

So there was this band that I was obsessed with in March called The Cinematics. They are a Scottish band from Glasgow (a lot of great bands seem to be from Scotland lately, is there something in the water?). Anyways, I came across their music by chance, which seems to happen to me pretty often. I knew absolutely nothing about them but their name happened to appear on my computer screen, so I decided to give them a listen. I downloaded two songs, 'Chase' and 'Break' and I instantly loved what I heard. Then I bought their album entitled 'A Strange Education' and loved them even more. Honestly, I couldn't get enough this album and it will definitely be on my Best Of lists at the end of the year. Think of The Cinematics as a more toned down Editors. This is not a bad thing by any means. Their songs are catchy, have great hooks and are very melodic. They can even write anthemic rock songs such as the ridiculously good tracks 'A Strange Education' and 'Keep Forgetting.'

The band has toured with such bands as Snow Patrol, Editors and The Bravery. They will be playing a couple of dates in the U.S. and Europe. For those of you going to the Virgin Festival in Toronto, the band will be making an appearance, so make sure you check them out. I promise that you will not regret it.

30/08/07 Orlando, Florida@ University of Central Florida
31/08/07 Tallahassee, Florida@ Club Downunder, Florida State University
1/09/07 Atlanta, Georgia@ The Earl
2/09/07 Chapel Hill, North Carolina@ Local 506
3/09/07 Washington, Washington D.C.@ Rock n Roll Hotel
4/09/07 New York, New York@ Bowery Ballroom
5/09/07 Cambridge@ TT The Bear
7/09/07 Chicago, Illinois@ Hideout Block Party
8/09/07 Athens, Ohio@ Baker Theater at Ohio University
9/09/07 Toronto, Ontario@ Virgin Music Festival at Toronto Island Park

Download (mp3) : Break
The Cinematics: Official Webpage

No comments: