Monday, August 13, 2007

Album of the Month #1: Interpol - Our Love to Admire

I know this album came out last month but since this blog did not exist then I am selecting it as one of my albums of the month for August. Our Love to Admire is the third helping from this New York based band and I would say their most solid. Now I've read quite a few reviews for 'Our Love to Admire' and while most are positive, many believe that the band has not changed their "sound." I would strongly disagree. Listen to the last track on the CD called "Lighthouse" and you'll see what mean. Interpol could not have had a better comeback. Paul Banks' lyrics are as dark and haunting and beautiful as ever. Musically, the band are seamless together. It is definitely one of those Cds that you can listen to from beginning to end and get totally lost in it for 45 minutes or so.

Our Love to Admre is also Interpol's first release on a major label as they were signed to Matador Records and are now with Capitol. But to be honest, it really doesn't matter, so don't judge it (I'm talking to all the pretencious indie fans, which sometimes include me) until you at least give it a listen to. And listen to it you should.


Current Single (mp3): Heinrich Maneuver.
Favourite Song: Pace is the Trick
MySpace: Interpol.

No comments: